- Corporate Name
- Alfresa Pharma Corporation
2-2-9 Kokumachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-8575, Japan
TEL. +81-6-6941-0300 FAX. +81-6-6947-1548
- December 24, 1939
- 1 billion yen
- Koichi Shimada
- Number of Employees
- 1,004 employees (As of April 1, 2019)
- Description of Business
- Manufacture, import, export and marketing of pharmaceuticals, diagnostic products, medical devices, pharmaceutical raw materials, etc.
- MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- Nakashima Shigeru Shoten is founded as an importer and distributor of pharmaceuticals and medical devices in Manila, the Republic of Philippines.
- Incorporated Nakajima Shigeru Shoten in Osaka, Japan.
- Corporate name changes to Nippon Shoji Kaisha, Ltd.
- Nippon Shoji Kaisha, Ltd. listed on the Second Section of the Osaka Stock Exchange.
- Trading began on the First Section of the Osaka Stock Exchange.
- Nippon Shoji and Showa Pharmaceuticals merge to form AZWELL Inc.
- AZWELL was listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- AZWELL Inc. and Fukujin Co., Ltd. merged to found Alfresa Holdings Corporation.
- Alfresa Pharma Corporation was created.
- Opened Okayama Plant's Second Drug Formulation Facility.
- Opened the Diagnostic Reagent Research and Development Building at the Ibaraki Research Center.
- Opened Okayama Pharmaceutical Plant's Packaging Facility.
- Launched Midafressa, an anticonvulsant.
- Renovated the Okayama Delivery Center.
- Took over the Akita Plant of Daiichi Sankyo Propharma Co., Ltd., and established Alfresa Fine Chemical Corporation.
- Launched AA01, a discrete clinical chemistry analyzer.
Alfresa Pharma is a member of the Alfresa family of companies. For more on our group philosophy, mission and vision, please visit the website of Alfresa Holdings at http://www.alfresa.com/eng/index.html